One last design for sometime as we will be making a move once again. I'm excited and happy to say that I will be Stateside for at least a year...so happy to be able to spend time with family and especially those adorable grand kiddies!
So, this is the last card for awhile as I will be awaiting my supplies...they should arrive much quicker from state to state as compared with continent to continent!
I had fun playing with textures on today's design. I'm a bit disappointed with my photography skills as these photos do not really capture the subtle sheen and delicate coloration accurately.
Let me tell you all about it...
First up: Using Tim Holtz' "Flourishes" stencil and Studio 490 White Embossing Paste, I covered the entire panel intended as the top of the card. After the paste dried, I used Dina Wakley Media Gesso to brush over the panel lightly. After drying once again, I dabbed on Deco Art Metallic Lustre wax finish in Champagne Ice and rubbed it into random areas of the panel using my finger. Following that, I used Tim Holtz Distress inks in Antique Linen, Tea Dye, and Mustard Seed very lightly over additional areas. Next up: Using a Spellbinder's Die D-Lites "Laurel and Bee," I die cut the bee out of cream cardstock and also from vellum. I colored the bee with my copic markers...not exactly knowing at that point where I was heading with this design (you cannot really see the coloring at the finish of the design). I layered the vellum bee over the cardstock bee, gluing the body, but not the wings. I bent the wings up slightly, as though the bee is in flight. The bee is framed by a Spellbinder Classic Oval die cut into the embossed panel and is sitting upon some Dritz Cheesecloth, dyed by some of the Tim Holtz Distress inks. I die cut the laurel out of kraft cardstock, then dry brushed it with the gesso, trying not to cover the entire garland, leaving a bit of kraft to show through. The base of the design is kraft cardstock. I once again used Dina Wakley Media Gesso to cover the kraft using a dry brush. I cross hatched the gesso, brushing in different directions. After the gesso dried on both the card base and laurel, I used my finger to apply DecoArt Metallic Lustre Champagne Ice wax finish over it. Both the laurel and main panel were adhered to the card base using Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip pieces for dimension. I watered down some of the gesso and brushed it over some of the design to neutralize some of the color; also spattered it on the entire design for additional distressing.
My mother is in the hospital now and I am not able to be with her. I decided to make up a pretty little reminder of how much we love her and are keeping her in our prayers...
I began by die cutting a base for the design using Spellbinders "Cascading Grace" dies. I die cut the decorative panel layer out of cardstock and the back base layer out of vellum. I love the addition of vellum...it adds so much to the design.
My intent for this design was not to be a regular card, but more of a "plaque" with a stand on the back so that it can be placed anywhere in the hospital room or attached to a bulletin board.
Here's the stand on the back. I will add a special message beneath the stand.