Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Eleventh Day of Flowers ~Christmas Eve~

Today's flowers are quite summery: the hope for warm weather to come! This is a tall card--it fits into a business sized envelope.
I began by stamping the image panel with Stampin' Up's Watercolor Garden with ink colors So Saffron and Mellow Moss. I added Itty Bitty background (also Stampin' Up)spatters with Creamy Caramel, then sponged the perimeter with So Saffron. I used a ticket corner punch to do the corners before layering it onto a piece of black cardstock.
The base of the card is So Saffron. I set up panels of Stampin' Up decorator paper in So Saffron and Canvas stamped background onto one black panel.
The design is finished off with the bee and sentiment (PaperTrey Ink) stamped in Versafine Black Onyx.
I apologize as that these are "Oldies but Goodies," quite a few of the stamp sets I've used are retired. If you chose to recreate my design, I hope that you are able to substitute with what you own! I will be back after Christmas with fresh and new items!














2 comments:

Sam said...

what a lovely looking card. It's deceptively simple.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card, everything about it. Beginning with my favorite flower the daisy! I like the size and the different panels! Thanks for inspiring us!!!