Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Heart for Paul

Today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast was to draw inspiration from
MacKenzie-Childs designs...very fun and playful!
I choose this armchair as my inspiration:
Red Harlequin Wingback Chair... Here's my rendition:
I began with some beautiful papers that my husband, Paul, bought me for Christmas. The beautiful, textured red background paper is Provo Craft Chili Pepper; the heart designer paper is Abby Simon designs. There was gold metallic touches on the heart paper, so I chose to use a gold mirrored cardstock in the layers as well. I don't remember where I bought this gold mirrored--it was in my "stash"- but Sharon (notimetostamp) has discovered Marco Paper, take a look at one of her designs using it here.
I used Stampin' Up's Kind Thoughts medallion, and stamped it with the Essential Glue Pad, then used gold fine glitter to create the image over the heart. The glitter did not stick very well to the very fine lines of the image-- but it leaves a subtle design over the heart. I did test it on a regular piece of cardstock before I took the plunge--it showed up and stuck much better than the red dp...? In any case, I'm sure that my hubby will like it (as he picked the papers out...hehe!)
This also fits Sharon's Friday challenge to use new items. She had commented yesterday as to what else was in my Christmas package from Paul...yes, Sharon, there is still more to come!!! LOL!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Deb - so elegant!! I too am anxious to see all the goodies from hubby. How nice!!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, love what you did with it.
My husbands name is Paul too :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a elegant beauty!! Love how the image matches the chair so beautifully!! Love that chair too!!

Paula Barin said...

What a beautiful card. Very elegant.

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I so wanted to participate in that challenge...that furniture looks amazing!But I was too busy! I love what you did with it! Gorgeous as always!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh, this is truly exquisite! The paper is gorgeous. Your husband has a good eye!

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is sooo beautiful....love the touches of gold with the red!!! Your DH is just too good!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

This is gorgeous Deb! Lucky you that dh would buy you dp! Gorgeous dp to boot!

Happy New Year!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Fabulous card - I LOVE that chair!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning girl!