Monday, January 5, 2009

Time for Tea

This is for today's Technique Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. We were challenged to design with red sticky tape and glitter! I chose to make glittery butterflies rather than a background.

I began with a new image from Impression Obsession-- Simple Pleasures. The teacup image comes with a beautiful verse, which I stamped inside the card reading, "May you enjoy the Simple Pleasures of life." I stamped the verse and image with Memento Tuxedo Black. I then colored the teacup with Copic markers Y21, Y000, B00, BG45, and YG11. I cut out the cup, then mounted it with dimensional tape onto a panel that I had stamped with retired SU's Victorian Lace. That panel was then adhered to SU's Cool Caribbean cardstock, and then dimensionally taped to a SU Certainly Celery cardbase.

My butterflies were made by adhering wide red sticky tape (double sided stick) to paper, then glittering the tape. I then punched out the butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch. I used glue dots to adhere them to the image panel.

I finished off this teacup with a Prima flower with brad (with glue dot) dipped in the glitter.

I really debated as to adding the word tea in the upper right hand corner, but settled without it. I often make cards with no sentiment or words on the front--I have gone to add a sentiment or word to finalize the design, and have goofed up! Even with clear, see through stamps! I should stamp the word at the begin, I know, I know... oh well!

Oh, I'm home stamping today because of a snow day! I'm certainly getting spoiled! It will be difficult to go back to school tomorrow...hehe!!!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the glittery butterflies! I need to try that technique sometime.

Gvendalen said...

very pretty and graceful card!

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

This is gorgeous!

Stef H

Kathie said...

You did have a snow day, I was hoping you would!! Beautiful card, I love your idea of glittering the sticky tape. What a great blog of ideas! TFS

Joan Ervin said...

This is just lovely, Deb....such pretty, soft colors and I just love the little butterflies!!! Beautifully done!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Deb I love this. Great job. Love those colors. It looks so vintage- my favorite!

Joan

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Deb, this is gorgeous - I had no clue you had this stamp! I have it as well and have it on my to do real soon list -- LOL!!! Now I have this wonderful inspiration from you -- do you have a lot of IO stamps?

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my, Deb, this is gorgeous! I love that stamp. I have so many from this company that I haven't used, I really need to pull them out and do a few, well maybe right after CHA, LOL!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so lovely!

Kelly Lunceford aka.atomicbutterfly said...

You did such a great job on this challenge! I ran away scared and didn't even attempt it! LOL! Love the images and details! Love it!

Janine said...

Very pretty Deb!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

CherylQuilts at SCS said...

This is gorgeous! Love that teacup and background.