Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blushing Butterfly

Life is so busy! But I don't have to tell you that, do I? I wanted to share another of my Splitcoaststamper gallery pics, created last summer. I adore butterflies--and this retired Stampin' Up (Stipple Butterfly) is one of my favorites. Even though this stamp is retired, there are many beautiful butterfly stamps out there!

As you can see, this is a fictional butterfly--colored far from what nature intended. I love trying to achieve a realistic look, but this time went in the opposite direction!

The base of the card is retired SU Groovy Guava cardstock, topped with Blush Blossom and Groovy Guava textured cardstock. I used an Anna Griffin punch to add interest to all four corners.

My image is stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black ink on PaperTrey Ink's Stampers Select White Cardstock. I colored it with numerous Copic markers, then ticket corner punched (SU) all four corners. The image panel is layered on a Blush Blossom (SU) panel. As you probably have noted from all of my designs, I rarely use a sentiment. I like to create cards that can be used for just about anything, stamping a suitable sentiment inside before I give it.

Dimensional tape and Martha Stewart ribbon finish this butterfly.

I will be away on a little trip with my husband for a bit, and not able to post except for Friday, for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge.

Hope your weekend is great!

3 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Deb! Love the colors, your beautiful butterfly, and the corners!!

Judy Rozema said...

Deb, those corners are really neat! And I love GGuava - I bought a whole pack of paper right before it retired! Pretty card!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is gorgeous! I'm still kicking myself for not getting that butterfly!!! ("Oh Honey, are you ebaying today?!")