Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stamp Simply Pot-pourri

The Stamp Simply challenge (ssnotime90) for this week is "Gone to Pot," using some sort of pot in our design. Examples could range from: coffee pots, plant pots...you get the idea...I choose to create a design of lavender potpourri. I have a beautiful row of lavender that I planted years ago running along the front of our home-- it is so lovely and fragrant when it blooms! My house smells great when I trim it!

I began with a SU Lavendar Lace cardstock base, layered with Barely Banana and K and Company Addison dp. My layer beneath my image was run through my Cuttlebug with the textile folder.

I stamped my Rubber Stampede Lavender image onto PaperTrey Ink Stamper's Select white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then coloring it with Copic markers. I then used Lavender Flower Soft and Flower Soft glue to add dimension to the image.

I finished the design with a sheer ribbon, tied with my Bow Easy device. I added a twine/Foof-a-la button to the center of the bow, then attached it to the card.

Please check out the Stamp Simply team to see what they've come up with!

Sharon, Jennifer, Janine, Julie, AJ, Becky, Tammy and June guest designer: Sabrina Jackson.

If you decide to play along this week, please link back to Sharon's blog to show us your design!

Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Yvette said...

Wow!!! This card is STUNNING!!! Sooo beautiful!!! Great job! :)

jami said...

This is gorgeous! What a striking color combo, and I love how the lavender and flowersoft are out of the box!

Joan Fricker said...

Deb, this card is beautiful. I love your design and how you used the Flower Soft.

Your lavender is blooming?? Wow, mine isn't yet.

Great job as usual!!

Joan

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your color combo and the way you brought your flowers to life. Very nice. Pat

Connie M. said...

So very pretty, Deb!! Love your take on this challenge!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a great idea, Deb... POT-pourri! I love it, and your Flower Soft creation is gorgeous! I love lavender!

Julie Koerber said...

WOWZERS - this is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card and your lavender looks so real with that flower soft! Mine is in bloom also ... don't know which I enjoy the most ... lilacs or lavender! Great interpretation on the challenge!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

POT pourri is a wonderful take on this challenge -- leave it to you!!! LOL!!! I LOVE this Flower Soft creation -- just gorgeous!!!

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous, Deb! Love your striking color combo. :)

Janine said...

Deb!!! I LOVE your take on this week's challenge!! How ingenious!!
Have a great weekend.

Liz Williams said...

This is just beautiful. Love the lavendar.

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Deb!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Whoa! This is so beautiful, Deb! I love your flower soft lavender.

Judy Rozema said...

What beautiful colors together, Deb! Gorgeous!