Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stamp Simply "Summer Recipes"

This week's Stamp Simply Challenge (ssnotime92) is to create a project or card using recipes. I decided to make a folder which will hold six recipes for my future daughter-in-law, Jennifer. I will fill it with our family's favorite appetizer, Salad, Main Dish, Soup, Pasta, and Cookie recipes.

I began with with a stiff piece of posterboard for the two covers. I cut the posterboard into 8" X 12" rectangles. I then found a piece of 12" decorator paper from my stash to cover the outside covers of the folder. I chose Kaiser Crafts Country Grove--Daisy Chain dp. My inside is covered with Stampin' Up Old Olive cardstock, as well as more of the Daisy Chain dp for the pockets.

My pockets for the recipe cards measure 2" X 6". I corner rounder punched the upper inner corners of the pockets, and only sticky taped the three other edges, so the recipes could slide in and out easily. I placed the pockets with a larger space at the bottom--perfect for larger or longer recipe cards.
I decorated my Family Favorites Recipe Holder with JustRite's new Recipe Set. What fun to play with! Check out the JR "Recipe Set" here. I punched the circles out with Stampin' Up's circle punches and taped them to decorate the pockets.
My recipe cards are printed on PaperTrey Ink's Vintage Cream cardstock, using this link for the free recipe card download.
The outside cover of my recipe folder is decorated with Spellbinder's Peony Nestabilities, as well as their Long Rectangle and Long Rectangle Scalloped dies. I stamped the title of my holder with JustRite's Brayton Font (my very favorite!), Versafine Sepia ink, and Stampin' Up's clear detail ep.
Some of the finishing details include SU Build a Brad, yummy ribbon, and a bit of sponging. I hope that Jennifer will enjoy the recipes that I add!
Make sure that you check the rest of the Stamp Simply teams projects:
Sharon, Jennifer, Janine, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Becky, and June's Guest Designer: Sabrina.
Thanks for stopping by!

EDITED TO ADD:

OH MY! I have been on vacation in Washington D.C. and just found that my blog post did not post on Thursday night! So sorry to Sharon and all who came by and found NOTHING!!! I was so excited about this one too!

7 comments:

Natalie Bennett said...

The end result is so beautiful, I am sure your daughter in law will love it! I wish my future mom in law will be as thoughtful as you are :-)

Darlene said...

And excited you should be! Yes I came by to find nothing ... but was thrilled to see your creation today! This is awesome and she's going to LOVE it!! What a wonderful idea to share the family favorites with the newest member of the family ... and what a beautiful way to do that!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is totally fabuous, Deb -- just wonderful!!! I am sorry your post didn't pop up as planned, too!!! So frustrating, I am sure!!! What a great project!!!

Judy Rozema said...

This is so neat!! What an awesome idea -- LOVE those flowers!!

I am sorry about your post -- Blogger can be fussy sometimes, can't it?!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Omigosh! This is incredibly beautiful! I love it!

Joan Fricker said...

What a great idea Deb. I am sure your future DIL will love it. (and so will your son)

Love those colors too!

Joan

Anonymous said...

Почему регистрация не работает ?