Thursday, July 9, 2009

~~Amazing Grace~~

Well, it's that time of week again--Friday, and the Stamp Simply Challenge! This week's challenge, (ssnotime95) is "Let the Sparks Fly," to use glitter in our design. I wanted to use both beautiful new sets from Our Daily Bread Designs: "Amazing Grace Hymn" and "Grow in Grace," both designed by the ever so talented Dina Kowal.

I began with a Stampin' Up Basic Black 5.5" base. My K & Co. Black and Ivory dp was still out from yesterday, so I chose two of the prints to layer onto the black base. I glittered the edge of the creamier print with Stampin' Up Chunky Glitter, ala Kelly Lunceford (atomicbutterfly). Kelly's vintage designs always bring a smile to my face, and are so very inspiring! Kelly often edges her gorgeous vintage pieces with glitter.

I stamped my Amazing Grace Hymn onto Neenah Classic Cream cardstock, distressing the edges with a Stampin' Up Distressing Tool. My dogwood image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the same Neenah paper, colored with Copic markers, die cut with a Spellbinders Oval die, and rimmed with glitter.

My bow/ribbon treatment is May Art ribbon, purchased from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, along with a Bow Easy from the same store. An unknown charm tops the bow for extra appeal.

If you would like to see more "sparks," visit the other Stamp Simply DT blogs:

Sharon, Jennifer, Janine, Julie, AJ, Tammy, Barb, Jenny and Rose Ann.

Remember: Our Daily Bread Designs Ink Pads are on sale until midnight, Friday, July 10th. Check them out!

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is totally FABULOUS! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that paper and color scheme, the FAB ribbon/bow/charm treatment and your overall design and gorgeous image!!! GREAT card!!!

Yvette said...

What a stunning card!!! The whole card is just beautiful!

Joan Fricker said...

Deb,this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it. Great job!!

Joan

Jerri Kay said...

A very beautiful card Deb. Amazing Grace is a very special song for me, always close to my heart. I'll have to make a trip over to Our Daily Bread.

Janine said...

OH MY GOSH Deb this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your sense of style!

Darlene said...

Oh WOW .. this is STUNNING!!! I love, love, love it!!! Certainly "my kind" of creation! The layout is awesom for the elements used! PERFECTION!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Geez, now I need to buy some of that chunky glitter! Thanks for enabling! LOL This is SO beautiful, Deb! I have got to get a new order placed from ODBD!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Deb!! This is just stunning! I LOVE your glittery frames, and your hymn image looks just like you took it from an old hymnal and placed it on your card! Beautiful!!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is beautiful. Just the right amount of sparkle, the whole card just sings!

Rose Ann said...

Oh Deb...this is just GORGEOUS!! Your sparkled edges are so lovely... and your ribbon with the charm is such a beautiful look!! I LOVE this!!

Barbara said...

Oh, my goodness, this stunning!!! Everything is perfectly in balance with just the right amount of sparkle! Gorgeous!

Judy Rozema said...

I am just speechless!! This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

Grace said...

I really do love this card Deb! The vanilla and black are one of my favorite color combos and the glitter... well... that just adds so much to this design! It's a classic beauty!

Silke Ledlow said...

STUNNING CARD - DEB!!! WOW - I love this!!! Hugs ~S~

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is amazing! I love it! Thanks for the sweet shout out, too! I love all of the layering and embellishment choices on this! Gorgeous!

Kelley said...

This truly is an AMAZING card! I absolutely love it.