Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer!

Our August DD/DDA challenge, presented by 11Valerie11 (Valerie Stangle), was to create a design around the theme, "The Dog Days of Summer." The requirement was to design around a dog theme, using summer (summery, hot colors) and NOT to use any flock of fuzzy elements. Well, I could not resist featuring this cute picture of my son's new pup, "Harley."

I began with a frame that has been in my stash for ages...so old that I don't remember where I purchased it. I was able to glean the company name (Maple Lane Press Ready-to-Make Frame) from the wrapper.

I once again pulled out my Copic reinkers...I sure have been having fun playing with them! I dropped dots of four colors of reinkers onto the linen textured frame, wanting to create a spotted effect. I placed the dots close together, causing them to overlap and blend. I was pleased with how it turned out...reminds me of a very hot day!

SU chipboard letters colored with a black Copic marker provided my sentiment. A bit of micro fine glitter (Jewel Glitter Ritz) covered the letters, as well as the bones die cut from my Cuttle Bug "Good Dog" die.

A SU black grosgrain ribbon, puppy paw print brad from Michaels (after all...Harley has to give her stamp of approval!) and picture of the pup finish off this design.

See what the other Dirty Dozen gals have come up with here!

8 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Fabulous "hot" dog-themed frame, Deb! Harley is precious.
I left a little somethin' for ya on my blog today.

Connie M. said...

Oh my goodness...how sweet is this!! Harley is adorable, as is your cheery frame!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the way you framed the dog in a doghouse Deb!! You did a gorgeous job on it! Harley is so cute!!

Unknown said...

Amazing job...The card looks beautiful...
I love the dog...
___________________
Michell james
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV

Andrea Walford said...

'Dog-gone' cute! Wonderful playlist, too!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

HOW CUTE!

Kelley said...

Harley sure is a real cutie!! girl or boy? My niece had a girl dog named Harley!!

grandmalee said...

I just got my own "puppy", a 3 yr. old service dog, so this will work great for me! I really love your ideas!