Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Trick or Treat?

Hello! I hope that your week is going well! I wanted to share a past design that was a lot of fun to create. This card was published in the Aug/Sept. 2008 issue of Stamper's Sampler. The fun part of this design was to take a stamp or image and make it your own...in this case, after stamping the little girl and boy image, I dressed them up for Halloween.

My cardstocks here are SU Basic Black and retired decorator papers. I stamped the Stamping Ground image onto glossy white cardstock with Versafine Black Onyx ink making sure to let dry. I then added a Violette Classics Butterfly sticker, aluminum foil crown (kind of difficult to see in the photo) for the girl, and a clown hat with jewel for the boy.

Trick or Treat pumpkins are the final part of the student's costumes.

Gingham ribbon, large eyelets, and a SU Collage alphabet sentiment finish this design.

Try changing up an image--you will enjoy seeing the results!

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

What a fun card! I still have some of those papers and the Collage Alphabet. I could never seem to make it work for me, but it looks great here. You're very inspiring, Deb!