Thursday, September 17, 2009

Two for You!

What a busy Friday! An Our Daily Bread design, Stamp Simply CAS/B&W, and info on the second day of JustRite's Mega Blog Hop!

My first design is featuring Our Daily Bread design's "Get Well" stamp set. ODBD's stamps are deeply etched rubber, perfect for creating a crisp image or sentiment. I stamped my Proverbs 17:22 Bible verse with Versafine Sepia ink, embossing it with Stampin' Up's Clear EP. Spellbinder's Oval dies were used to die cut the sentiment panel.

My card base is PaperTrey Ink's Berry Sorbet cardstock, layered with gorgeous K & Co. Wild Raspberry decorator papers. My blossom was created with Spellbinder's Peony dies. A Stampin' Up Build a Brad finishes the flower's center. A swath of PTI Berry Sorbet grosgrain adds a pretty touch. On to my next design:

Today is also a Stamp Simply challenge day! Sharon challenged us to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) card using only black or brown ink--no coloring. I decided to go monochromatic with my most recent Stampin' Up order.

I began with PaperTrey Ink's True Black cardstock, creating a top fold design with my ScorPal. Layers of SU "Night & Day" dp make up my crisp and clean background.

I stamped the SU "Compliments to the Chef" silverware on PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock with Versafine Black Onyx ink. A Spellbinder's Rectangle die was used to cut the image panel, then popped up with dimensional tape.

This design is all paper...nothing extra! Super simple for mailing!

Please check out the rest of the Stamp Simply DT designs!

Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
Julie
AJ
Tammy
Barbara
Jenny
and September Guest Designer: Charlene Merrick

Don't forget JustRite's Mega Blog Hop! It's in it's second day! You can access the list at JustRite's blog here. Mega Inspiration, Mega Sale, Mega Fun! (and blog candy to boot!)

I hope that your weekend is wonderful! Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Mary said...

Very, Very nice. I like everything about it. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Janine said...

Love it Deb... I think its a beautiful card!! HAve a great weekend.

Darlene said...

Both cards are wonderful! Great job!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Both are beautiful, Deb! I really like the layered flower on the first one, and your CAS BIO card is rich, clean, and beautiful!

paperplay said...

Just this week I just spent some time playing with that gorgeous raspberry paper and love the look. Your cards are great, simple, clean lines but still eye catching. Thanks for sharing.

The Rubber Maid said...

Both cards are just beautiful and very classy. Very nice work. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous BIO/CAS card, Deb and your first one is gorgeous, too! That paper is YUMMY and that big flower is gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are absolutely beautiful Deb!! Your first one though using the ODBD stamps and those colors and patterns is gorgeous!! I love that paper and the bright and cheery colors.

Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Chris

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful colors and patterns, Deb!!! Beautiful long and low design, too!!! Lovely card!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous cards - Deb!!! I especially like the first one!!! The colors are so rich and cheerful!!! Hugs ~S~

Teresa Kline said...

I luv the first card, it is gorgeous....all your creations are wonderful...have a great evening!

enjoy *~*

Barbara said...

Both cards are stunning, Deb! I love the paper and that flower on the first one, and the CAS card is fabulous!!

Kay said...

I LOOOOVE your style! The first card, using the peony flower die, is beautiful in my book - I have those papers, and I'm really really inspired! The CAS card is exactly that -- plus elegant! So glad I stopped in !!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow... two fantastic creations! I love them both!! The dinnerware set is just a perfect CAS -- very elegant! :-)