Monday, November 23, 2009

Wishing You a Blessed Christmas

Our Daily Bread designs' November release "Blessed Christmas" is a beautiful set. It inclues a gorgeous poinsettia image, two beautiful sentiments, and Psalm 96: "Let the heavens rejoice, let the Earth be glad." My card this evening is created with tones of gold and glimmering metallics.

I began by scoring my pale champagne gold cardstock with my new Scor-It (Sharon has a sale going on now...20% off of Scor-Its!), then covered it with a panel of the Paper Studio's 12 X 12" "Gold Wedding Ornate" decorator paper. The entire card measures 4 X 8", suitable to fit in a business sized envelope. I stamped my ODBD verse directly onto the decorator paper with Versafine Black Onyx ink, then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

A border was made with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edge punch, along with some gold "Tiny Glass Marble & Bead Accents" (a gift from my hubby!) to trim the edge of the length of the border. I used a sticky red tape to adhere the micro beads. After adding the first layer of beads, I heated the tape with my heat gun, then pressed it once again into the beads.

I die cut my poinsettia with Spellbinder's Poinsettia dies, double cutting the middle shape to make a fuller flower. I sponged the edges lightly with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. I used thick, large glue dots to layer the blossom, then used a dot to create the beaded center.

A bit more Antique Linen ink sponging finishes this glimmering design.
Thanks so much for beginning your week here!



9 comments:

Grace said...

Deb this one is absolutely stunning! So elegant! Love the microbeads with the poinsettia! Gorgeous card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is gorgeous Deborah!! I LOVE monochromatic cards, and this one is stunning!! And the microbeads are a wonderfully gorgeous touch!! WOW!

Joan Fricker said...

Deb, your card is beautiful. I also love thos microbeads. What a great way to use them too and so clever using the tacky tape to adhere them. Great job!
Joan

Debi said...

Deb this is so gorgeous, love the strip of micro beads it adds the perfect touch.

Kathie said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Deb. I too love the monochromatic card and those gorgeous beads with that lush paper. Very well done!

Connie M. said...

Oh my, Deb! This is such a stunning creation! LOVE the richness of the cream and gold!!

Kelley said...

My goodness! So elegant..I love it!!

Barbara said...

This card is gorgeous!! I love the gold and white paper poinsettia and background and the gold beads are a fantastic touch TFS

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so gorgeous -- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these soft colors!