Monday, November 21, 2011

Kitschy Kitchen on Sale!

Hello, welcome to the brand new week! Sharon is running a BIG sale over at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store...Prima flowers and papers, Webster's Pages, all sorts of wonderful stuff...including Melissa Frances "Kitschy Kitchen."



Since I've been in Tajikistan, I've been holding onto all sorts of items...not tossing them, never knowing when you might need something. I was getting ready to toss a kleenex box when I thought that I might do something with it. A hostess gift came to mind, using it to dress up a homemade loaf of some type of yummy or savory bread.

I cut the kleenex box down and covered it with the 12 X 12" Kitschy Kitchen paper. I pleated a cardstock border with my Score It All Board for the rim, then added a checkered Kitschy border over that.



JustRite's "Charmed" and Spellbinder "Charm" dies seemed to "fit this project to a T!" A big May Art's Gingham bow tied around the entire loaf adds a festive, fun touch.

My bread is somewhat lacking. I had to prop it up a bit in the box, as it turned out so flat. Next time I will make a bigger loaf to fit better.




You may remember this project that I made with Melissa Frances Kitschy Kitchen papers...you can read more about it at this post.


Be sure to check out the sale! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

5 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Deb, this is SO fabulous -- what a tantalizing gift!!!! TFS!!!

Barbara Schram said...

Oh my goodness Deb...the tissue box is perfect for loaves of yummy breads! LOVE it!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great idea - love what you did with the border on your box and that ribbon is perfect! Too pretty to open and eat but I think I might be able to even do that : )
Enjoy Your Day!

Carla S. said...

What a great project, Deb! Love the papers and trims! I'm definitely going to save all my empty Kleenex boxes now!

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, you are so resourceful! Would you like for me to save my tissue boxes to send to you? LOL

Seriously, it is a beautiful paper-crafted box. I love the papers used, and the pleated cardstock really looks great. If you need some "Filler" for under a loaf, you could write the recipe and fold it in half, and put it under it.

The ribbon is so beautiful with this paper and all! I wonder what type of bread it is? It looks yummy!

The album is so nice! I love the different angles on it!

You are the best, Deb! Prayers to you always!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather