Monday, November 7, 2011

A Sunny Hello!

I've been using up some of my "stash" lately, so I wanted to show you a card that I recently came up with using papers that I have been hoarding. The paper pieced borders are a combination of both "Fly a Kite," and "Thrift Shop" October Afternoon papers. 
I'm drawn to the happy colors and prints, plus vintage feel...reminiscent of antique flour sacks. Sharon at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store still has some October Afternoon papers in stock on sale.


Spellbinder "Daisy Head" dies (I believe retired, but a new Spellbinder die, "Daisy Flower Topper" would be a great stand in...) were used to create the flowers, along with Foof a La Buttons, and May Art's Burlap String. The sentiment is PaperTrey Ink's Mega Messages, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink. The photocorner punch is by Stampin' Up.

Hope you've enjoyed this design using products from my "stash."

Thanks for stopping by!

EDITED TO ADD: The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store is now on Facebook!--way to go Sharon! I'm heading over to "like" it right now! Just wanted to let you know! thanks!

4 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is such a delightful and fun card -- I LOVE those October Afternoon prints!!!

Kathie said...

I love blue and yellow together - always have! Yes a happy card - Keep using that stash!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is so delightful - thanks for the inspiration!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Deb! Love the papers you used for your patchwork background! Great idea!