My holiday decor project is Kaisercraft's "Beyond the Page Standing Word--Joy." This is one quick way to add a decorative touch to your home for the holidays...just cover it up with some pretty paper, and add a few special details! I also have the "Noel" and "Peace" that I am currently working on. You can see all of the "Kaisercraft Beyond the Page" alterables HERE.
K and Company's 12 X 12" "Visions of Christmas" paper pad (marked down NOW!)was used, along with the shiny gold "Mirror Cardstock" that Sharon stocks for the store. Spellbinder "Stars Five," decorated with Webster's Pages "Trim Card Traditional Tinsel" and jingle bell, become the bling for this design.
Here are a couple of other Kaisercraft ornaments that I made last year using the "Bauble Album."
ALL supplies used today are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
AND...This is a Mystery Blog Candy (pictured above), meaning the winner will be drawn from comments on one of today’s participating blogs, so leaving a comment on each blog will greatly increase your chances of winning, but only one comment per blog, please. The winner will be selected at 6 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, December 13 and will be posted on Sharon's blog on Wednesday. You must check back to claim your prize if you are the lucky winner! Good luck!
Sharon Johnson-- The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Deb Saaranen (you're here...thanks so much for stopping by!)
Hope we inspired you in YOUR holiday decorating! See you back next week!
Edited to Add:
You know, I'm sorry to say that I just realized I could and should have mentioned how to actually cover the JOY...one gal commented that it must have taken some fussy cutting getting it covered, but that was not really the case.
I traced the JOY onto the decorator paper, then cut it out carefully. Then I ModgePodged it onto the JOY word with a small brush, rubbing it with my fingers to be certain that it adhered nicely.
I used a emery board fingernail file to file the edges of the paper smooth to the letters. Then I sponged some Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink to all of the edges of the letters. Voila! That's it!
My apologies for not including this earlier!