Monday, September 3, 2012

New Beginnings


Here's a design dedicated to the anticipated event of the new school year...how I miss it! I do like my new job here in Dushanbe, but still miss the students and staff at E.B. Holman -- for some reason especially so at the beginning of the year!

I've been eager to play with JustRite's new Becca Feeken designs, "Amazing Paper Grace Cling Stamps Vintage Filigree Fancies" and "Amazing Paper Grace Cling Vintage Alphabet Soup Background."

I stamped the sentiment and background with Versafine Black Onyx ink onto decorator paper from my stash. Some sponging with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink, along with some distressing to the edges, adds to the vintage feel.

Vintage photo corners, a May Art's Silk bow, tied with a Bow Easy, and a bit of bling from my collection (Walmart button), finishes this design off.

All linked product are available from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

If you're beginning school tomorrow...have a extra special "New Beginning!"

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Gorgeous!

Luanne said...

Beautiful!!

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

I love the alph background with the music background and the navy touches!! Beautiful!

Gretchen Wilson said...

OUTSTANDING!

new beginning said...

Great! Stunning! It can be use in wedding anniversaries, and baby related events.

kathy s said...

Fabulous

Carol Burnette said...

What a great basic card! With a change of sentiment, color of bow, paper, and embellishment,it can meet almost any need for an elegant card.

Jerri Kay said...

This is absolutely stunning Deb!