Sunday, September 29, 2013

Africa

Hello All:

Just an update...we have finally arrived in Africa (Edited to add: Mbabane, Swaziland) and are getting settled in...I have a few pictures to share with you, along with wanting to let you know that I hope to be creating once again this week. I've missed exercising my creative side!

Here are a few pictures of some of the local artwork in our new area:


Beautiful batik table runners and pillows




Handwoven Bamboo throws




Colorful Giraffes...or...



the everyday variety (guess not all that everyday...haven't seen one yet!)



Another batik: I have seen these birds on the side of the road, will have to search out their proper name



Many hand carved masks

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics. I will be traveling to Capetown and Johannesburg next month. Keep sharing those fantastic pics.

Queen Mary said...

Excellent stuff! Where are you in africa? I've been looking for African "stuff" to scrap my niece's trip to Ghana; everything here is all safari stuff so I thought I'd have to go with fabrics! And I completely love the beautiful stuff you've shown here -- the bamboo throws are to die for! So colorful! Can't wait for the next installment!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics of the fabric and giraffes...
Wishing you many blessings on your journey in Africa...

Estelle said...

I am rather curious to know where in Africa you've arrived, as it is a fairly large continent.

Unknown said...

How nice to hear you've safely arrived!
Alicia was in Tanzania this summer doing a pediatric elective followed by a hike up Kilimanjaro and a safari. She certainly enjoyed her time and learned lots.
I'm dying to know about your expected grandchild's arrival! Keep in touch!