Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Old Fashioned Love Note

Face it Ladies...if you're making a Valentine for your man, he may not be a big fan of frou frou, ribbons, and lace. I came up with a simple way to show a bit of love for my hubby on Valentine's Day with an "old fashioned love note..."



My plan is to place this "note" someplace where he will come across it on Saturday...

I began with MME Lost and Found Record It Heirloom decorator paper for the background. I know that I have sung the praises of this pad this Valentine season, but pretty much every patterned sheet has been fun to use. This sheet specifically has a suitable pattern on the back as well...perfect for writing a love note.

The notebook type edging was made with a punch, but you can achieve the same effect with Spellbinders On the Edge dies, shown HERE.

I distressed the edges with a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, then added the word "love" die cut with Spellbinders Font One Lower Case dies cut from a scrap of the decorator paper listed above. The Font One dies are perfect for any sentiment or thought...I love making one word sentiments using them!

I stamped the heart with Penny Black's Heart Swatches (this is a fabulous stamp set...I HIGHLY recommend it...actually all of the products used today are favorites) and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany, then die cut it with a Spellbinder Classic Heart die. It was then mounted to the background with a piece of Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip.

Simple, yet gets the message across to my loved one. Easy to mail as well if needed!

All of today's linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.


Do have a great remainder to your week and a wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

No comments: