I've included a couple of different box decorating ideas as well:
I started with a heavier, textured piece of 12 X 12" cardstock.
To make the base:
- cut a 4" x 6 1/4" rectangle from the solid, textured cardstock
- Score a line around all edges of the rectangle at 5/8"
- Cut one scored line on the outside edge of where the lines intersect on each corner, as shown in the picture below represented by the red lines...cut straight on the scored line please...not like the sad attempt pictured! :)
- Fold the edges up on the scored lines and use a glue dot to adhere each corner
To make the slider top:
- Cut cardstock piece 7 3/4" x 5 1/4"
- Score one side of cardstock rectangle at 2 7/8" then at 2 1/4"
- Flip cardstock around to score the opposite side at 2" and then at 1 3/8"
- Fold score lines, then apply skinny tape to the very edge of the larger section cardstock edge
Cut ten strips of patterned cardstock 1" x 3" and use a glue dot (right on the very end of each strip) to secure the paper around the candy nugget.
Wrap cardstock scored top around box filled with candy and secure tape to create the slider top.
You now have a completed box ready to decorate. The top should allow for a 2 7/8" x 5 1/4" space to decorate and should slide freely.
The box pictured below was a sample for a class that I taught and went through quite a bit of sliding, but still held up:
Blue Cupid box:
Kaisercraft Key to My Heart decorator paper
May Art's Teal 1.25" Silk Ribbon
Original Bow Easy
Petaloo Botanica Minis Cranberry Amber Green blossom
Kaisercraft Rhinestones in Lippy Red
1/4" Scor Tape
Little B Pennant Die
JustRite clear Large Fancy Sentiments
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Red and Pink box:
MME Record It! Heirloom decorator paper
Spellbinder Classic Heart and Classic Scalloped Heart dies
May Art's Ivory 1/4" Silk Ribbon
Penny Black From the Heart sentiments
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Prima bloom from stash
All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
I hope that you have a chance to try some slider boxes for your Valentine! Thanks so much for stopping by!