Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Textured Victorian


My design today is all about texture...texture with a Victorian feel.

When I think "Victorian,"  I think of cameos, jet black jewelry, rosettes, and fabulous--sometimes over the top--textures.


I attempted to capture some of these in today's design.

I began with a base of black, flocked designer paper from Kaisercraft's "Something Blue" pad. If you have been here previously, you may have heard me praise the different textures that are often present in a Kaisercraft pad. Well, this pad does not disappoint!

I layered a border of May Art's 1.5" Satin Pleats Ribbon onto the base, then covered it with another piece of ribbon, May Art's 1/8" Velvet Ribbon. Two elegant textures combined!

I die cut two ivory ovals with Spellbinders Classic Oval dies; then ran the top oval through my Cuttle Bug using Spellbinder's Celebrations "Framed Canvas" Embossing Folder for added texture. Love this embossing folder...what a delicate and pretty print!

I mounted the ovals on top of a black cardstock rosette, created with my Score It.




Next the cameo silhouette was die cut using Spellbinders Dies D-Lite "Silhouette" die. I mounted the silhoutte on the textured oval with Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip, then added a Kaisercraft Rhinestone for the final accent.

I hope that you enjoyed today's design. Be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all linked product, and so much more!


Thanks for stopping by to take a peek! 




2 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is gorgeous, Deb! I love EVERY last little detail, which I can tell you thought about! Perfect in every way!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is gorgeous, Deb! I love EVERY last little detail, which I can tell you thought about! Perfect in every way!