Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy 90th Birthday!

I wishing the happiest of birthday's to my dear Mother in Law...
she is turning 90 years old this week!

Here's her birthday card for this year:




I knew immediately that I wanted to use my new set of birthday stamps from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store...Stamp Simply Clear Birthday Blessings. What a great set of sentiments that you can design both the front and inside of your card around...here's a look at the complete set:




LOVE THE CLASSY FONTS in the Stamp Simply sets!



I began by creating a base with Kaisercraft's "Provincial" decorator paper...such a pretty pad with gorgeous prints! I added a border of May Art's 1/8" Velvet Ribbon and May Art's 1/2" Loop Trim for interest; then stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink and die cut it with a Spellbinders Long Scalloped Rectangle die (only Spellbinder Classic Long Rectangles left in store). Two white Melissa Frances pearls decorate the opposite corners of the sentiment panel. Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips pop the panel up for dimension.

The Kaisercraft paper on the base has a shiny finish...it is a bit difficult to see it in the pics above. I wanted to make my butterfly accents glossy as well, so I used a butterfly from the Chapel Road's cling "Butterfly Angle" set; stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic colored and hand trimmed it; covered it with Versamark Watermark ink, then heat embossed it with Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel UTEEThey are very glossy IRL.

You can find all of the linked product at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.   Have a great remainder to your week!

1 comment:

Jerri Jimenez said...

I love your card Deb, your mother-in-law will be thrilled with it, the colors are so rich!