Wednesday, May 18, 2016

For Mother

 My mother is in the hospital now and I am not able to be with her. I decided to make up a pretty little reminder of how much we love her and are keeping her in our prayers...


I began by die cutting a base for the design using Spellbinders "Cascading Grace" dies. I die cut the decorative panel layer out of cardstock and the back base layer out of vellum. I love the addition of vellum...it adds so much to the design.

My intent for this design was not to be a regular card, but more of a "plaque" with a stand on the back so that it can be placed anywhere in the hospital room or attached to a bulletin board.

Here's the stand on the back. I will add a special message beneath the stand.



I added a bit of texture to the front of the design using Studio 490 Embossing Paste and Prima's "Lattice" stencil. 

Next up: Altenew Vintage Flowers stamps and dies. I stamped the roses and leaves with the following Tim Holtz Distress inks: Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, and Bundled Sage.  The Altenew dies were just perfect for cutting the shapes...makes life so easy and the edges look so clean. I used Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips to pop up the flowers, leaves, and sentiment panel.

The sentiment is from Stamp Simply's Clear "Blessings/Beatitudes 1" set, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I used a JustRite Antique Tags One die to cut out the sentiment.

A small May Art's 1/8" Silk bow and Kaisercraft Rhinestones finish this design.

This should mail easily and hopefully bring a bit of 
sunshine to my mother's day.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.



No comments: