Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Golden Peony and Farewell for a Bit





























One last design for sometime as we will be making a move once again. I'm excited and happy to say that I will be Stateside for at least a year...so happy to be able to spend time with family and especially those adorable grand kiddies!
So, this is the last card for awhile as I will be awaiting my supplies...they should arrive much quicker from state to state as compared with continent to continent!

I drew inspiration for this design from Kaisercraft's "Art of Life" decorator paper. Lovely, old fashioned, sepia toned prints...beautiful! 

I decided to go with Altenew's "Peony Bouquet" clear stamp set;  the outline is stamped along with some shading with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto one of the prints from the Art of Life dp. I then shaded the bloom and leaves a bit with my Copic Sketch markers. Versamark Watermark pad and Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Powder were used to heat emboss a shiny layer and add a dewy finish. The flowers were then mounted on the background panel with Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips. 

I stamped a thank you sentiment from Stamp Simply Clear "Many Thanks" stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink directly onto the printed background panel. 

A border of May Art's 5/8" Crochet Lace and 1/8" Velvet Ribbon (adhered with 1/4" ScorTape), along with Kaisercraft Rhinestone "bling" become the final touches.

Here's a pic of how glossy and dewy the blossoms are using only one layer of the heated glassy accent:




All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Looking forward to being back soon! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Deborah.
I am so happy for you that you will be spending time with your grandchildren. I only have 2 so far and see them regularly and I always feel terrible for those who aren't so lucky. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be!
Enjoy every second while you can.