Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Postcard and Posies


I wanted to go with a little something different today, so pulled a wooden postcard by Kaisercraft out to play with. 
The postcard can make a nice thoughtful gift...
a little something to lift up someone's day! 

The postcard comes in a natural color, but I decided that I wanted to go lighter...so I coated it with Dina Wakley Gesso. After the gesso dried, I very lightly stenciled a pattern near the top left of the card with Tim Holtz "Mesh" stencil. It came out a bit dark initially, so I ended up adding more gesso over the top. You can still barely see the pattern if you look very hard...lol. It does add a bit more "in real life."

I then glued (Tombow Mono Multi glue) a strip of burlap onto the postcard base. Gesso was added to cover most of the burlap; allowing just a bit to show though. A piece of lace from my stash (a good sub would be May Art's 5/8" Crochet Lace or Cluny 1" lace) was glued on, and gesso was also applied over it. Petaloo Botanica Flowers in Fuchsia were added to one corner.

The "stamp" is a Prima Wood Embellishment (Stationer's Desk) butterfly; a Prima Say it in Crystals (Princess) gemstone added a touch of bling.

A meaningful message or stamped sentiment came be added to the back of the card before presentation. A Crystal Clear Box is perfect for dimensional designs!

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: