Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Watercolor Thanks

I needed a quick and easy thank you card today, so I turned once again to my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks. Yes, there is a bit of dry time with using the oxides, but oh, GORGEOUS colors!

Two new tools that I find absolutely necessary for using the oxide inks are: Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and Ranger's Non Stick Craft Mat. The spray bottle gives perfectly fine mist and the craft mat is a super protective work surface to spray and ink upon...and it all wipes up with no staining! Check them out!

I began by die cutting a piece of Ranger Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock (4.25 x 5.5") with JustRite's A2 "Stitched Banners and Rectangles" die. Next up, layers of two of the Distress Oxide inks--Faded Jeans and Broken China and a spray of water to activate the oxidization.

I also die cut the Altenew "Thanks" die twice from a piece of the water color paper. After die cutting, I stamped the Altenew "Halftone Thanks" onto the die cut using the Faded Jeans Oxide ink. The stamped thanks is glued (Tombow Mono Multi Glue) to the second plain white thanks--a bit off kilter--to create a shadowed effect. I used the same glue to attach the thanks sentiment to the cardbase.

Quick, colorful, and easy to mail! 


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks for stopping by--have a GREAT remainder to your week!

No comments: