Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Paper Pieced Tag into Card


Have you ever gotten stuck on a card layout? I go through streaks where I just have a "brain freeze" regarding new and/or interesting layouts. One of those days today...I knew that I wanted to use this oak leaf with acorns, so decided to start out small...
by paper piecing it using Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's 

I began by stamping the leaf image on three different patterned sheets from the Marigold pad and once on Ranger Watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then fussy cut the small pieces of decorator paper leaf, acorn, and acorn cap then glued them onto the watercolor paper image using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue. The leaf image was then die cut using the Stamp Simply Give Thanks steel die.


After completing the leaf, I still was not inspired with a layout that I was happy with, so decided to at least make a tag. I die cut the tag from watercolor paper, but you can use a premade tag, or die cut using the dies HERE.

The tag was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, using Ranger's Craft Sheet Mat and a Ranger Mini Blending tool. A few water spatters using a Tim Holtz Sprayer along with the 1 Chronicles Bible Verse from the Give Thanks stamp set were added. A bow of May Art's 3/8" Crochet Lace Ribbon Trim topped off the tag.

I wanted to add more of the decorator paper to bring the entire design together, so I layered more of the same print used in the paper pieced onto a simple card base. I attached the tag onto the base with Thermoweb 3D Foam Squares which would make it fairly easy for the recipient to peel the tag from the card to use as a book mark if desired.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

"Make a tag and slap it onto a simple card base." Maybe that will be my new motto...LOL. Hope you've enjoyed today's design.






2 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

Gorgeous, I love this one!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Thanks so much Jerri Kay!