Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Garden of Gears


My design for today is a twist on a typical Autumn garden...gears in place of flowers are "blooming" and ready to pick! 
Strange, I know... but I wanted to play around and get inky with Spellbinders Die D Lites "Gears" in an unconventional design. Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Welcome Fall" stamp set is 
also featured as the stamped sentiment "Blessed."

I began by die cutting the gears and leaves from Spellbinder's "Bitty Blossoms" die sets from kraft card stock. I then proceeded to tint them with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and a Ranger Mini Blending Tool. I used numerous colors and Black Soot to smudge the edges.  After the oxide ink, I spattered both the leaves and gears with some watered down DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax in Iced Espresso. The watery metallic spatters along with some regular water spatters added additional distress spots on the leaves and gears as well as on the kraft card stock background. The photos really do not do the glimmer justice, as it is quite pretty in real life.


The leaves and gears were glued into place using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue. Melissa Frances Tan/Brown pearls were also added for extra bling.

The base of the image panel was mounted with Thermoweb 3D Foam on Tim Holtz Color Core cardstock. This 12 x 12" pad is perfect, as the colors in it match Tim Holtz' distress and oxide inks. You can also sand the edges for additional distressing.


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

I hope that you have enjoyed my project for today! I don't think 
that I will ever tire of playing with oxide and distress inks! 
Have a great remainder to your week! Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love this! Gears for flowers - so creative.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Thanks so much, Lorraine! It was a fun to get inky with!

Lisa Byers said...

Your cards are lovely. I love the deer!!