Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Daily Bread design's Sneak Peek!

Take a look at a sneak peek of what's coming tomorrow--March 1st--over at Our Daily Bread designs! This is called "Easter Blessings," and includes one of most beautiful Lily of the Valley images that I have ever seen, as well as a beautiful Bible verse (Psalm 35:9), and two precious Easter sentiments!

This also features inspiration from one of my fellow ODBD DT mates: Angella Crockett! Angella was chosen as the Featured Stamper for today over at Splitcoaststampers.com! Congratulations Angie!!! You deserve it!!!

And...there are two more gorgeous botanical Easter themed sets as well! What an exciting release! Please check out the blog hop beginning at the Our Daily Bread design's blog that will take place tomorrow, complete with some goodies!




Now, for my design! I began with some very pretty paper from K & Company: 8.5 X 8.5" "Madeline." I chose two patterns from the pad in the same olive colorway, and added borders of pure white cardstock punched with Martha Stewart's "Arched Lattice" border punch. Both the paper and punch are available at the Our Daily Bread designs Store.




My image was stamped on the pure white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copic Sketch Markers. One of the colors that I used was Copic's Wax White...which has a slight greenish tinge...perfect for adding a bit of color, yet still reading white. I uaed it on the blossoms here, and have used it on other lotus, lily, and white colored flowers.

After coloring the lily, I die cut and embossed it with a Spellbinder Classic Oval. A Sheer Creations ribbon bow adds the final touch.

Remember to check back tomorrow, and start the hop at the ODBD blog! I look forward to seeing you!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah!

What a beautiful elegant way to show a "Lily of the Valley." This has been my mother's favorite flower for a long time.

I haven't seen them in years. Thank you for bringing up some fun memories of playing with these as a child. We would take the little bells off and try to fill with water or bird seed for the birds...so they wouldn't need to stand on the grass barefoot!

Your coloring is so incredible! I love how you shaded the folded leaf. I think that "white wax" gives a gentle frame around the flower.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

He Is Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Love it! At 12:01 A. M. I am on the ODBD page and placing my order.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Deb!! I love your elegant design and the stunning coloring!!
HOpe you are having a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Kathie said...

What beautiful coloring and love that punch and how you used it!! Lily of the Valley is one of my favorite flowers and fragrances - a dear older lady made me a bouquet of lily of the valley when we got married and wanted it as my going away corsage!! Also this morning a lady sang a song in church that talked of Jesus being the Lily IN the valley, it was a heartwarming message.

Grace said...

Gorgeous Deb! I love your coloring on this beautiful image and I love the dp... the long card! A beautiful tribute to our Angie!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous!! Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the dp you paired with this image!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Gorgeous!!! Beautifully done -- that punch adds a lot!!! Just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Your wonderful whimsy is my style of work. What an inspiration you have presented.