Monday, June 14, 2010

Kraft Card and Vacation Pics!

As you may have noticed, I have not been around...My husband and I made a trip to Colorado to visit our youngest son, Joel, who is a forester that works in the mountains. On the way home we attended the wedding of a son of some of our closest friends (thanks Kathie and Mike!) in South Dakota. The entire trip was relaxing and so very enjoyable!

Here's a quick card that I made today...

I began with Our Daily Bread design's new June release, "From Me to You." This set includes a beautiful fushia image, along with one Bible verse (Numbers 6:24) and three sentiments.


I wanted to create a kraft cardstock design today, so stamped the fushia flower image directly onto the kraft paper with Versafine Black Onyx ink.

After allowing the ink to dry, I carefully shaded in the blossoms and leaves with Copic Sketch markers. I typically do not Copic color with Versafine ink, due to smearing, but accidentally used the Versafine to stamp the image rather than my usual Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I cut the image out; then stamped the image once again on a kraft panel, layering the cut flowers on top with dimensional dots.

Pink accents, along with a bit of distressing finish this design.


Following are a few of the pictures that I took while travelling...


Mount Rushmore



My husband, Paul, and son, Joel at Treasure Falls


Beautiful views around every turn!


Joel's Office!



Thanks so much for stopping by today--have a great week!






2 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

I want Joel's job and his office . . . LOL! Gorgeous view out his window!! Your card is beautiful Deb, I love the kraft paper, very stunning!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Glad you are home, Deb! LOVE your photos and your card is GREAT!