Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Retirement--Take Time to Smell the Daisies!



Hello! Popping in today with an easy-to-mail design for a friend who has recently retired. Easy to make with Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's clear stamps and dies!

I began with a base of Ranger Watercolor paper for a 4.25 x 5.5" card. I cut a smaller piece of the watercolor paper (4" x 5.25") for the image panel, deciding to stencil a background with Prima's Elemental "Honeycomb" stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber). 

Using a Ranger Mini Blending Tool, I stenciled the Squeezed Lemonade ink first. Leaving the stencil in place, I then applied some of the Fossilized Amber. After removing the stencil, I sprayed a good deal of water over the stenciling with a Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, let sit for a few moments, then blotted it with paper towel. I did this step a couple of times until the colors muted down to the point that I desired.



After the stenciled panel dried, I stamped the Stamp Simply "All Occasion Sentiments Set Two" verse with Versafine Onyx Black ink in the upper corner. LOVE the font mix in this sentiment!

I then stamped Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Caring Coneflower" onto the watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I Copic colored it, then die cut it with Stamp Simply's Coneflower steel die. It is popped up on the card with some Thermoweb 3D Foam Tape Strips.

The entire stenciled panel was then mounted to the base with the Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips for added dimension.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

No comments: