Friday, October 10, 2008

Enter His Gates...


This is a card that I created for Splitcoast's monthly Bible Verse Challenge. You can read about it here... the gallery for the Bible Verse Challenge 08 is located here. What a blessing it is to scroll through this gallery-- it features Bible verses special to the designers, or verses that are being memorized. A BIG thanks to the authors of this thread, and to the special people participating in it throughout the year!

This card also fits Splitcoast's Friday Limited Supply Challenge: Rock, Paper, Scissors. The challenge was to design with any paper; straight cuts or decorative scizzors; and metal or gemstones to represent rock.

I realized that some people viewing this may not know of, or have visited the Splitcoast Stampers site... (really-- there may be a few people that haven't! hehe...) I cannot emphasize how wonderful this site is for stampers! My stamping has definitely grown through the inspiration received from this amazing site-- if you have never visited, please do so...Splitcoast Stampers...

This is one of my favorite sets from Our Daily Bread Designs. The beautiful harvest image is so fun to color, and the Bible verses so special! I used my Copics to shade the image, inspired by Stampin' Up's Haiku decorator paper.

Have a wonderful weekend-- thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread
Paper: Stampin' Up Haiku decorator papers, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, PaperTreyInk's Vintage Cream
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Versafine Sepia, Copic markers
Accessories: unknown brads

4 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous card, Deb!!! I just love it!!!! Your coloring is exquisite as always, and you are making me want this DP from SU!!! Looks fabulous -- and Vintage Cream from PTI???? Someone wrote me yesterday saying I NEEDED to order it? Would you concur???

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Debbie, your coloring is stunning! I agree with Sharon, the DP is fabo! Oh my, you guys are enablers, now I've got to go and take a peak at the Vintage Cream, I've also been curious about the linen vellum . . . sigh . . . my wallet's gett thinner!

Kathie said...

I was able to see this IRL and it is even more gorgeous if that is possible. Your coloring is one of a kind!!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Deborah! Gorgeous coloring! Vintage cream? Darn--I just put in a large PTI order but didn't know about the Vintage Cream. Guess I should have come here first...sigh... Next time!