Thursday, January 15, 2009

Will You Be Mine???

This is for today's Way to Use It Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. What a great challenge! Julia provided a link to Kuler, a site that mixes color palettes, and we were to choose one. I will definitely use this site again for inspiration and ideas! My chosen color mix is called Tropical Milkshake.

I just received this cute Valentine set from Taylored Expressions yesterday. It's called "Love is Sweet." Taylor's store has a wealth of treats! Check it out here!

I began by stamping this little cupcake onto PaperTrey Ink's Basic white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Once I already had my Tropical Milkshake color choices (Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral) I was ready to begin coloring with my Copics.

I also included yesterday's Sketch Challenge in my design. I followed the sketch, except making a square card rather than rectangular. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the Blush panel; used my square Nestabilities to die cut the image; mount the image with dimensional tape; and then finished off the design with hearts and sentiment.

Hope your day goes well-- we're very cold here-- just below 0 degrees for our high temp today!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card - I love the colors, so soft! TFS

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your card is just adorable -- I'm chuckling!!! LOL!! Great for kids Valentine's for school!!!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love those adorable cuppies...you did such a beautiful job on this!!! I sure need to get mine out...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Such a sweet card! I love those cute cupcake images! I love the color combo and fun layout!