Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bow Easy!!!!


Bow Easy!--and is it ever!!! This was my first time using this incredible tool-- I have always struggled with bows--tugging, pulling, twisting...YKWIM? Well, viewing Jerri Jiminez' (Touch of Grace) fabulous video tutorial, along with this soon to be favorite tool, made this gorgeous bow topping my design today! I can see many happy years with this inexpensive piece of plastic by my side!!!

Have you had enough of my fawning already? Final word-- you can get this must-have item at Sharon's (notimetostamp) Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, in the tool section, found here. Check it out! You will not be disappointed!

My design today is created for my church's Ladies Group-- they asked that I make up a card for another church who lost their Pastor's wife...they didn't want a sympathy card per se, more a card to send in remembrance. I hope this will fit the bill.
My base is Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, layered with My Mind's Eye Bella Bella dp. I stamped this marvelous verse from Our Daily Bread Designs (Scripture Collection 1) onto PaperTrey Ink's Basic White cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I sponged a bit of SU Soft Sky (retired) to the center of the verse, then layered it onto the MME paper, corner punching just the top. A copper brad from Michael's finished off the Bible verse panel.

I quickly made up a chocolate satin bow (SU ribbon) with my Bow Easy, and applied it to my design with a glue dot.

I hope you like it~~have a great week!

8 comments:

Danni said...

Wonderful card and LOVE your bow!! I'll have to check out this product!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an elegant beauty!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous, Deb, and I'm sure to be appreciated by the recipient! I watched Jerri's bow easy tutorial the other day and I want one, too. Sounds like they are selling like hotcakes! Oh, by the way, I would love it if you added me to your blog roll! I hope you don't mind that I already added yours when I first started my blog. Is it blog etiquette to ask for permission first? Yikes!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I just got my bow easy. I love it. I will make every bow with it. Great job...

Joan Fricker said...

Deb, beautiful card! Beautiful bow!
Great job!!!!

Joan

Janine said...

Beautiful!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh this is so stunning, Deb! I really need to get one of those tools!!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful work -- I ordered mine a bit ago, but have to wait for a new shipment!! Gorgeous ribbon and lovely card! I am sure it will be so appreciated~