Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Sam!

My nephew Sam's birthday is this coming Wednesday and we're having a party for him tomorrow. I bought him a DVD and gift card, and this is what I'm wrapping it in. You may have seen this set in my Splitcoaststampers gallery, as I made it up some time ago.

The stamp set that I used for the image is Stampin' Up's "In the Wild." This set is retired, but there are many fun zoo and wild animal stamps out there.

For the birthday card, I began with a SU Basic Black cardstock base. I then layered American Designs Traditional Bohemian Chic for the main color in the design. I stamped my image with Adirondack Pitch Black ink onto Neenah Natural White, and colored it with Copic markers. My sentiment is PaperTrey Ink's Mixed Messages, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.

Some pre-stick buttons from Sticko Button Ups finishes the design.

My gift bag is a basic white gift bag purchased from Walmart. I covered the entire front with the Bohemian Chic paper. My frame around the image panel is black paper run through the wood grained CuttleBug folder, then die cut with a Spellbinder's Rectangle Nestie. A piece of striped Stampin' Up ribbon and more buttons round out the touches on the gift bag.

Hope your Memorial Day weekend is very enjoyable! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Well, with a giraffe on it, of course I would LOVE it! What an awesome gift set! Love that vibrant color, Deb!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

It's a beautiful gift set, Deb!

Janine said...

This is fabulous Deb... ENjoy your day!!