Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fresh Raspberries!

Yesterday at our school picnic the children (and staff!) were able to enjoy fresh and dried fruit, veggies, and nuts, compliments of a health grant that had been written by a couple of the teachers. It included fresh raspberries-- YUM! The berries reminded me of a card that I had created previously that I wanted to share with you.

The image is from a retired set called, "Sun-Ripened." I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx onto a heavy watercolor paper, then watercolored it with my Lyra watercolor crayons and brush. After the image dried, I sponged around the berries with SU Barely Banana, then used Creamy Caramel ink, Itty Bitty and Sanded bg stamps for a bit of distressing. I then used a Spellbinders Oval die to punch it out.

The base of the card is made from SU Ruby Red, then layered with Basic Greys Aged and Confused Sublime paper.

SU HodgePodge Hardware, twill, and twine finish off the design. Hope these berries tempt you into a treat of fresh fruit today!

Hope your week is going well-- today is the last half day of school for me, and it is my party for our "Biddies" (stamping) group tonight.

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Deb! Looks so real!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! So cute image!

veronica said...

love your background paper. very nice.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You are an inspiration, Deb; this is so beautiful! We have raspberry bushes on the edge of our woods, and I can't wait for them to be in. Yum!

Lori Craig said...

Stunning... Love this Deb! Can't wait for fresh raspberries this year. :)

Leslie Miller said...

I love this card! Paper, design, image -- everything. It's just beautiful!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Totally gorgeous, Deb. I LOVE those SU fruit stamps -- you make me want to dig them out!!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is beautiful - love what you did with your image panel! Thanks for the details : ) What a great choice of DP to go with your image!

Jerri Kay said...

A beautiful card Deb, I have this stamp and just love it!