Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Release Sneak Peek!

Take a look at one of Our Daily Bread design's December releases: "His Gift" by designer Dina Kowal. What a gorgeous poinsettia image! This image can be used for multiple style designs: charming vintage, clean lined, country, collage, just to name a few! I wanted to head towards a more vintage looking design for today.

I began by stamping the image onto watercolor paper with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I then used my Lyra Aquacolors to watercolor and shade the panel. After letting the image dry completely, I did the Cracked Glass technique using my Versamark pad, Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, and Versafine Sepia ink. I almost didn't crack the embossed panel...it was so shiny and pretty! My next design with this image will probably be shiny and smooth...LOL! You can find a fantastic Cracked Glass Tutorial (with a video as well!) by Beate Johns over at
Splitcoaststampers.


The print dp is Stampin' Up retired Christmas; the music dp is Flair Designs "Christmas Carol Music." Antique copper brads and Fiskars border punch from Michael's completes this design.

The two new December release sets will be available December 1st over at Our Daily Bread designs. Be sure to take in the ODBD Breadstick's Blog Hop on December 1st as well--see it here.

I hope that you have a restful remainder to your weekend...thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Deborah, this is absolutely STUNNING!!! Wow!! The cracked Glass technique looks amazing with this image!! Gorgeous!!

Grace said...

Oh my Deb... this is stunning and congrats on this card making it to Facebook!!! You rock my friend!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! I love the cracked glass look!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is truly fabulous!!! No wonder it was on SCS's Facebook page!!! Congrats!!

Kathie said...

You are an absolute artist Deb! This is gorgeous and amazing. TFS

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Deborah!! Your poinsettia is gorgeous with the cracked glass tecnique!! And I love the music dp you incorporated with it!! What a beauty!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous image and a stunning card! Love the Fiskars punch, too. Soooooooo pretty all over!

Karen W said...

Very pretty and congrats also!!

Laura said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. You knock my socks off. Stunning!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous stamp and I truly love what you've done with it -- just FAB!!!