Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Christmas Candy Cone

Hello! I'm here to show off my Stamp Simply Ribbon Store "12 Days of a Clean and Simple Christmas" project for today: a Christmas Candy Cone! These cones are also called "Mussie Tussies" and are meant to be decorative and/or functional...you can fill them with little gifts, mementos, or candy, as in my case.

All of the products used today are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.



I began making the cone using the largest sized doily from Petaloo's "Assorted Large Kraft Brown" doily pack. You could use the doily just as is, but I decided to line the doily with a piece of vellum (Grafix Vellum #24 Clear). I simply traced the doily on the vellum, cut it out quickly, then glued the doily and vellum together using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.



I decorated the cone with a May Art's 1.25" Ivory Silk ribbon bow, made with an Original Bow Easy, then added Petaloo Textured Burlap Poinsettias. Kaisercraft Lippy Red Rhinestones and Floracraft Twinklets Diamond Dust Glitter (Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue) add a sparkly touch. The kraft color of the doily, along with the red touches and glitter remind me of frosted gingerbread.








Here's the final product, stuffed with candies and hung with a May Art 1/4" Silk Ribbon.

Can't you picture this candy cone hanging from a Christmas tree branch, waiting to be found by your loved one? Or possibly hanging from a door knob of a favorite neighbor's home for a sweet treat?

 Be sure to check out the daily inspiration in the "12 Days of a Clean and Simple Christmas!"












Here is an example of a past wedding design that I had created while I was on the Splitcoaststampers.com design team: 



May Art's Silk is used for this cone as well.



You can visit my Splitcoaststampers gallery HERE for tons of cards and design inspiration! Splitcoaststampers.com has fabulous tutorials as well!


Hope you have some fun making up your own "cones."

Thank you for stopping by today...




No comments: