Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Breezy Spring Thinking of You

Springtime back home means being patient in waiting for the snow banks to diminish enough to hang your laundry (especially sheets and towels!) on the clothesline in the balmy, warm breezes...

 This card totally reminds me of my mom in the Spring...she hung laundry out all summer long; but the first night sleeping on fresh air dried sheets...remarkable! This Graphic 45 image even looks like my mom (though she is blond) so I was drawn to it and the memories it invoked.

It is Graphic 45's "Home Sweet Home." The name even appeals to my memories and thoughts...fabulous pad of paper! You can find all Home Sweet Home HERE.

What better stamp set to use than Stamp Simply's new Clear "Blessings/Beatitudes 2!"  I stamped both the inner and outer verse and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.



The verse is then die cut with a Little B Pennant die. In this closeup you can also see the Prima Wood Clip that I covered with the Home Sweet Home dp using a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, and borders of May Art's 1/4" Crochet Lace Trim. The image and sentiment are popped up with Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips.



Here's a peek at the inside Bible verse/sentiment...my mother is going to love it! The pennant peeking out is also from the Little B Pennant Die set. The rectangle die for the sentiment is a Spellbinder's Classic Rectangle die.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Hope that the remainder of your week is pleasant and "Springy!"

1 comment:

Alexandra MacVean said...

What a lovely card. I really like the blue pattern in the background. Reminds me of my grandma. :)
xx