Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Icy Star, Silent Night with New Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

When I saw the beautiful star in The Stamp Simply's Clear "Merry Christmas" stamp set, I knew that I had to use it for a 
snowy, icy scene.

I began the scene by dry brushing two shades of blue Tim Holtz Distress Inks on a white cardstock panel. I cross hatched the color, adding a linen texture and look to the panel.

I then used Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and Tim Holtz' "Flourish" Stencil to add "blowing snow." A bank of "snow" along the bottom of the image panel.  Stampendous Translucent Crystal Ultra Fine Glitter was sprinkled on the embossing paste while it was still wet.

The star was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, then covered with more of the Stampendous Glitter using a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. It is popped up with Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip pieces.

The image panel was layered onto a Tim Holtz 12" x 12" Color Core cardstock base.


We can't forget the beautiful Bible verse stamped in the inner portion of the card...also from The Stamp Simply Clear "Merry Christmas" set. The verse is stamped with my favorite ink for sentiments: Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

No comments: