Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Love You So Much Valentine



I have just been enamored with smudgy, faded watercolor looks lately...I just {love} the soft, muted colors and fade away feel that is imperfect, yet beautiful. So, I pulled out Tim Holtz Distress Inks once again and got to work.

I began with Ranger Watercolor paper. The top layer of the card is embossed using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities "Enchanted" embossing folder. You can find other beautiful folders HERE.

I die cut the image pieces with the Die D-Lites set from the same watercolor paper. The pieces were then watercolored with Tim Holtz Distress Tattered Rose, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed, and Lipstick Red inks. 

I simple dabbed the ink pad directly onto my Ranger Craft Mat, sprayed with water in my Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer, then painted the die cuts with watercolor brushes until I was happy with the general effect.




After the die cuts dried, I stamped the Stamp Simply "Thinking of You Rose" sentiment onto the heart using Tonic's Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

Layers were popped up with Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip pieces, and TomBow Mono Multi Liquid Glue was used to adhere the die cuts together. A May Art's 1/4" Silk ribbon bow and Kaisercraft Rhinestones add a bit of pretty.

I was pleased with the old fashioned appeal in the outcome and hope that you like it too! Thanks for stopping by!


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.


2 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so beautiful Deborah, the embossed background looks amazing with your pretty heart.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Thanks so much Teresa! It was such a fun card to make. Guess I'm vintage all around...!