Tuesday, September 25, 2018

In the Garden

I have always been drawn to Tim Holtz product...inks, papers, stamps...well, pretty much everything he develops! It is the distressed-vintage-vibe that has been one of my favorites all along. I don't often present designs following this style, but please know that it is the most appealing to me. I hope to dabble deeper into it in the future, and will be sure to share with you all.

Today's design features Tim Holtz products...I had a lot of fun playing and hope that you enjoy it too. Most of these items are available at Amazon, with some coming from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I will link accordingly.


I began with a cream color cardstock, die cut with a Spellbinder's Hemstitch Rectangle die from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I then stamped over the rectangle with Tim Holtz' "Glorious Bouquet" red rubber cling stamp using Versafine Smokey Gray ink.
I then used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink and watercolored the image.  A bit more background stamping was added with Tim Holtz "Craze" and "Ledger Script" stamps. After watercoloring, the image felt too bright to me, so I added a wash of watered down Dina Wakley Media Gesso over the top of the image. 

Tim Holtz "Butterfly" Idea-ology washie tape was added, along with some May Art's 1/4" Crochet Lace Trim. Spatters of watered down gesso and DecoArt Metallic Lustre Iced Espresso wax were added for extra distress.



The final touch...two sweet little gals from Tim Holtz Paper Dolls collection. Tim Holtz Distress Crayons were used to had a hint of color; watered down gesso also added a whitewash effect.

Thanks for stopping by, and please return tomorrow when I post about a brand new, masculine stamp set from 
The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store!


No comments: