Friday, January 18, 2019

Stitched Hearts


Another Valentine for today...this one with a layered, dimensional heart. It also features Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Thinking of You Rose" clear stamp set (sentiment) and Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment dies, plus Kaisercraft's gorgeous 



I began with a base layer of "Pen and Ink" paper, stitched all around with my sewing machine. I then created a circle frame by using Spellbinder's "Celebration Pierced Circle" dies, cutting the pierced circle shape from the decorator paper, as well as two additional pieces of cardstock. I then used a Spellbinder Standard Circle die to cut the center out of the three pierced circles. I glued all three "frame" layers together with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue to make the frame a bit more substantial.

Next up was the dimensional heart. I die cut four graduated hearts with Spellbinder Classic Heart dies. I scored the center of each heart, then layered them onto each other and stitched them together with the sewing machine.

The Stamp Simply "Thinking of You Rose" sentiment was stamped using a Tonic Stamp Platform using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner die. 

Fun card to make with the monochromatic color scheme. 
All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

1 comment:

Deb S said...

Thanks Cynthia...I know...I am drawn to monochromatic, I must admit!