Friday, December 20, 2019

Upper Peninsula Christmas


Here today with a Christmas card that will speak to all of the "Yoopers" out there, using the "Upper Peninsula" of Michigan image from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Upper Peninsula" clear stamp set. 


Let me tell you how I've captured the sparkle:

I began with base layers of Ranger Water Color paper. I stamped the Upper Peninsula image onto the watercolor paper with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Powder.

I watered down a couple of shades of Tim Holtz Distress ink, then brushed over the heat embossed image, adding a wash of color. I also spattered some of the blue ink over the image.

After the watercolor dried, I used Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue to cover the image with glue, then sprinkled on Floracraft Twinklet Diamond Dust glitter over the surface. I love the frosty, icy outcome, so very like the snow and ice that we experience throughout winter in the U.P. The Tombow Mono Aqua dries nice and clear, perfect for glitter use.

The inside is decorated with a combination of stamps-- "Yooper" from the Upper Peninsula stamp set, and "Christmas" from the Jesus stamp set. They are stamped onto vellum with Ranger Super Fine Silver embossing powder, then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

There is still time to check out Stamp Simply's specials--


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

No comments: