Friday, January 31, 2020

Watercolor Background Coneflower


I have a quick watercolor background design today to highlight Stamp Simply Ribbon's Store's "Caring Coneflower" 

Let me tell you all about it.

I began with a base and panel of Ranger Watercolor Paper. I first stamped the coneflower onto a smaller piece of watercolor paper with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I watercolored it (actually did two, see the card inside blossom) with Tim Holtz Distress inks. After the ink dried, I die cut the two blooms with Stamp Simply's Coneflower steel die.



The image panel was fun to do...I swiped the surface with a wide brush, using clean, clear water to wet the area I wanted to add color.  I used a bit of the distress ink on my palette left from the coneflower painting and dropped and brushed colors onto the wet watercolor paper panel. I was trying to achieve the look of a faded garden behind the main bloom, and the wet surface of the paper really allowed the ink to flow. 

The "coneflower" word was stamped with the distress ink, then die cut with Stamp Simply's "Coneflower" die. I die cut three more of the word shape, then glued all together with a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. 


The second bloom that I painted was mounted to the inside of the card, leaving plenty of room to add a written note.



All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

No comments: