Thursday, April 23, 2020

Acrylic Florals

Hello! I hope that you have been able to find some creative time during this shelter in place. I took the opportunity to try something new when I came across an online painting class given by C.Brooke Ring. I love her loose floral painting, so filled with color and charm. I have not painted since high school, and found it was fun to pick up the brush once again.

Here's three, recently completed, the last being a mix of painted flowers, stenciled touches, and stamped sentiment.

The first painting, following C. Brooke Ring's class which you can still purchase as the class video:




My own compositions: 






Mixed media with acrylic paints, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil "Crossed," Tim Holtz Layering Stencil "Flourish," Dreamweaver Embossing Paste, Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Farmhouse Scriptural Thoughts" clear stamp set (sentiment--It is well, with my soul), and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.

Now is a great time to try something new or renew a past hobby. 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: