Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Deer Tags

 


Hello! I had some fun making up tags for our stamping group's Christmas get together. Loving this newly released deer die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix-- "Darling Deer!" 

I began making the tags by preparing the background paper. A piece of Ranger Water Color paper received a watery base coat of Tim Holtz Distress ink colors. After drying, more distress oxide ink was smooshed into the paper. A spattering of white Windsor and Newton's Guache along with Paynes Gray watercolor added a bit more distress and interest to the sheet. I used a Spellbinder Rectangle die to cut the paper into panels. I die cut the tag shapes from watercolor paper with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Framelets Tag die set. The layers were adhered with Scor-Tape.

I also prepared a watercolored sheet to die cut the deer shapes from using watercolor paints in various brown shades. The watercolor paper gives a nice heft to the tag throughout.

The little stars are from Tim Holtz' new "Arctic Thinlets Die" background die. I just used the punched out stars and glued and glittered them to my background panel using Tom Bow Aqua Glue and Stampendous Crystal Ultra Fine Translucent glitter. The Tom Bow Aqua glue is perfect for glitter application as it dries clear and does not yellow. 



Pieces of May Art's Bakers Twine add the finishing touch.

I hope that you've enjoyed taking a look at these fun tags. 
I very much enjoyed creating them! 

Have a wonderful week preparing for soon to come Christmas!
Thanks for stopping by.






No comments: