Friday, March 5, 2021

Watercolor Blessings Bouquet



Let me give you the details of the card:



This is a quite large card...just under 5 x 7." I intend for this card to be hand delivered, but can also be mailed with extra postage. 

I created a base of Ranger Watercolor paper, choosing it for its extra heft and durability for a larger card.  There is a additional panel on the background using Echo Park's "Welcome Easter" decorator paper. I love the fresh gingham pattern here, perfect with the bouquet. Scor Tape was used as an adhesive.

I die cut the Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems #1 and #2 out of the Ranger Watercolor paper, then watercolored them with Daniel Smith Watercolors and a spatter of white Windsor & Newton Gouache.

After the blooms dried, I arranged them on the gingham background, then glued them in place with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue. I wound some May Art's Burlap String around the panel, then added the sentiment, stamped using the Stamp Simply Baptism set sentiment in Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink. The new Baptism and More stamp set is suitable for baptism, dedication, confirmation, and First Communion events. 

The sentiment was then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die and cut to size. I used a corner angle punch to cut the top corners to make a tag shape, then mounted it on the card from with dimensional tape (Thermoweb 3D Foam). 

Here's the inside of the card, stamped with a sentiment from the Stamp Simply Baptism stamp set, also stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink:


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, I'm so glad that we are approaching Springtime...we still have huge snowbanks that need to melt, but the sunnier days make for a Springtime feel.








4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the gingham background to those lovely watercolored flowers. TFS

Deb S said...

Thanks so very much, JoAnn! Your kind comment is appreciated!

Traci S. said...

Hi Deb!
Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous! I think this is my new favorite Deb Card! So beautiful! First of all, water-coloring the pieces was brilliant! The stems look so life like! The flowers look incredible-- I love the daisies and that bright pop of red of the other flower! I also really like the blue gingham bg, Deb! It really sets off those posies beautifully! (My birthday is in only 7 months if you want to start making the same card again now! Hint! Haha ha! 😉)

Hoping you are all well and staying safe. I had my first vaccine last week. My 2nd will be on the 31st, so I will be safe on April 14th. Thank G-d! My son, Josh, is coming home from Grad School near London the week before then. I hope to hear from you some time, Deb!

🦋💙🦋
Traci Starkweather
tracistarkweather@gmail.com

Benedivt Cumberbatch said...

Great reading thiis