Friday, October 22, 2021

Stamp Simply New Release Lighthouses

Hello and Welcome!

Here today with one of Stamp Simply's new releases: "He is the Light" clear stamp and die sets. It is one of two of the new lighthouse sets that Stamp Simply has released, both featuring lighthouse images from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...our local lighthouses! So excited to use these stamps and dies! The lighthouse stamps and dies can be purchased as bundles or individually.

As you may already know, Stamp Simply has numerous Michigan stamp and die sets, found HERE. In fact the "Michigan" sentiment used above is from Stamp Simply's "Lower Peninsula of Michigan" stamp set. 

Let me tell you a bit about this design. I began by watercoloring a background using watercolors and watercolor paper. The lighthouse is stamped on regular cardstock with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, then colored with Copic Sketch markers before being die cut with the "He is the Light" die set. I actually cut three more of the same die cuts and layered all four together, for dimension. It was then attached to the watercolored background.

A blue "frame" was made by die cutting an oval in a blue panel of cardstock with Spellbinders Standard Oval Nestabilities, then popped up with layers of foam tape over the watercolor panel. Ranger Crystal Effects were used for the lighthouse windows and light. A couple of brads add a bit of interest.

The "Michigan" sentiment was stamped with the Versafine Clair ink, then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.

Be certain to check out all of the fabulous lighthouse inspiration at the Stamp Simply blog. The gals have really outdone themselves!

All linked items are from Stamp Simply.

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by.



2 comments:

Traci S. said...

Hi Deborah! I know you must love these images from Michigan! What a lovely card! I love the background! The use of the oval die and making the cardstock into a frame looks great! Can you believe that in all of these years, I've never done that?!

I tried to reach you by email, but it bounced back. If you get a moment, please drop your email to me.

His,
Traci

Deb S said...

Thanks so much, Traci! The new lighthouses are especially close to my heart as they are just a short distance from us. I wonder why it bounced back? It is deb.saaranen@gmail.com. I don't know if I have you email address any longer to try you. I will check.