Sunday, September 18, 2022

Fresh Cherries!



I missed posting these cherries during cherry season; better late than never! I fell in love with this cherry punch from Stampin' Up as soon as I laid eyes on it! I have always had a soft spot for fruit and botanicals...and a punch? Perfect for my favorite watercoloring with punching or die cutting!

 I began by applying watercolors to watercolor paper. So satisfying seeing the colors move along the wet watercolor paper! After drying, I punched my cherries and assembled them. I then spattered them with some watered down white Windsor-Newton gouache.

The background is a perfect basket-like texture...Tim Holtz/Sizzix 3D Texture Fade Embossing Folder in "Intertwine," available at Stamp Simply.  The sentiment is from Stamp Simply's Fruit of the Spirit Sentiment set, ON SALE NOW!, stamped with Versafine Clair Acorn ink, and die cut with a Stamp Simply's Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.



Have a wonderful week! Get out and enjoy the Autumn colors. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Traci S. said...

Love cherry season! Love this cute card, Deb!

Deb S said...

Thanks so much, Traci!

Ida said...

Gorgeous card. The cherries are so yummy looking and that background is super cool.