Friday, June 30, 2023

Sunflower Season


It will be sunflower season before long, summer passes so quickly here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

I love Stamp Simply's "Sunflower Season" stamp and die sets! They are so easy to color and love that the larger size bloom fills a good portion of the front of an A2 card!



The sunflower image here is stamped with Versafine Claire Acorn ink onto watercolor paper, then watercolored with Daniel Smith watercolors. 

One tip: I like to stamp my image onto the watercolor paper with a stamp platform. After stamping the image, I leave the stamp in the original position in the platform while I color the image. After coloring is completed, I restamp the image in the stamp platform to make certain I have crisp lines.

 The sunflower was then die cut with the sunflower die. I also stamped the "sunflower" sentiment with the Acorn ink and die cut it with the matching die in the Sunflower Season die set.


All linked supplies come from Stamp Simply.

Hope your weekend leading up to Independence Day is grand!
Thanks for stopping by.









 

2 comments:

Erica said...

That plaid in orange just works! Luv it and saved it to my Pinterest board.

Deb S said...

Thanks so much, Erica! Glad you liked and saved it!